Lynnhaven UMC Youth
A message to parents
Confirmation 2019 - Survey
Summer Small Groups
ONE DAY 2019
Student Life Camp
Nicaragua Mission Trip 2020
Student Life Mission Trip 2020 - Registration Form
Confirmation 2019 - Registration Form
Rising 6th Graders - Registration & Contact Info
CONFIRMATION 2019 SURVEY
Thank you for participating in Confirmation 2019. We pray that the time you invested was meaningful for you and helped move you along in your faith journey. We would very much appreciate your feedback on the program as we try continually to improve it. (Responses can be anonymous, if you wish.) We've created a simple survey with check-box style questions but would also welcome your comments and suggestions. May God bless you as you grow in a life-giving relationship with Christ and as you discover your special gifts as you serve at LUMC.
Your Name (optional)
1. I am completing this survey as a
2. How did you learn about the Confirmation Program?
Through church (LUMC)
Through the Youth Website (www.lumcvb.org)
Through the church Facebook page
Through a friend
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE CONFIRMATION PROGRAM...
1. The student / mentor relationship (check all that apply):
I enjoyed the student / mentor relationship.
I would have preferred classes with students only.
I feel having a mentor added value to my Confirmation experience.
I felt comfortable discussing my faith with my mentor / student.
I definitely feel I got to know my mentor / student better.
I plan to continue the friendship with my mentor / student in the future.
I would ask my mentor if I had a question about my faith.
I will continue to encourage and support my student in the faith journey.
2. The lessons we covered in class (check all that apply):
I learned something new that will help me grow in my faith.
I understand better about having a personal relationship with Christ.
I was inspired to go deeper in my faith by reading the Bible more.
I was inspired to go deeper in my faith by praying more.
I was inspired to go deeper in my faith by serving more.
I understand better God's plan of Salvation through Jesus Christ.
I learned about the Christian life by talking with my mentor/student and others in the class.
3. Was the Q&A class with Pastor Brandon helpful?
4. I liked the Q&A class because...
5. Would you like to have more opportunities for classes with Pastor Brandon?
6. When would be the best time to meet with Pastor Brandon?
Faith Formation Class on Sunday mornings
Weeknights during Small Group meetings
Either of the above
If "other," please suggest a day/time.
7. Do you have questions about being a follower of Christ that weren't answered?
I still have questions about...
8. My favorite part of class was (check all that apply):
9. For the class handouts and Confirmation notebooks (check all that apply):
I found them helpful during class.
I plan to refer to the handouts in the future.
I wish more handouts were included.
I think in the future the handouts are not necessary.
10. Did you feel adequately prepared for the Confirmation ceremony?
If no or somewhat, how can we improve on preparation for taking your vows?
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE DATES, TIMES, CLASS SIZE...
1. Were the Kick-Off event and class dates and times convenient for you?
Please comment if you would recommend a different time of year, month, day of the week or time.
2. Was the class size (approx. 25 including students AND mentors) comfortable?
No, my ideal class size would be... (Please comment below.)
Size of the class does not matter to me.
Typical Confirmation programs can run anywhere from 8 weeks to 32 weeks where much more information is included in more depth. With that in mind...
3. Do you feel 6 sessions over 2 months was appropriate to prepare you for Confirmation?
Yes, 6 sessions worked well.
No, I would like to have had more time.
4. If more time would be helpful, which of these other options might you choose? (Check all that apply)
8 weeks (hour-long sessions)
12 weeks (hour-long sessions)
16 weeks (hour-long sessions)
5 weeks (3-hour classes on Friday evenings or Sunday afternoons)
If other, what schedule would you recommend in order to thoroughly cover the Confirmation materials?
5. Was the length of each session (55 mins.) appropriate? (Please comment if you would recommend longer and why.)
6. Students, was having a multi-age class beneficial (Grades 6-8) or would you prefer to have a class with only your age group?
If I could make one suggestion about Confirmation it would be...
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve this program when we offer it again.